Sunday, May 13, 2007

A quick update

I haven't much blogging time tonight, but I know many of my readers get frustrated when there is no update. So, with apologies for the summary format, here goes:

I had a bit of niggle in my left groin for the first part of the week. It was possibly brought on by playing football at my son's 9th birthday party last Sunday, or even by falling down a hole on the moor when I was out walking the dogs. Whatever caused it, I thought it was better to be cautious and that meant I missed the Troon 10k on Wednesday night. It was disappointing to miss it, but probably the right decision.

I had an easy run on Thursday and another easy run on Saturday. My groin felt ok. So today I went up to the West Highland Way and ran from Tyndrum to just beyond Forest Lodge and back, 20 miles in total. I felt pretty good, covering it in just over 3 hours.

Next Friday and Saturday I'm doing most of the West Highland Way with a few other race entrants, including Phil and John. The plan is to run from Balmaha to Bridge of Orchy on the Friday (40 miles), then stay at Bridge of Orchy overnight and run from there to Fort William on the Saturday (35 miles). I'm looking forward to it. There is a chance we'll be interviewed by a reporter from the Independent on Sunday who is doing a feature on the race, so look out for that.

Today was the Glasgow Women's 10k. A large number of women from our firm were doing it, including 2 from my department, Linda and Morag. Morag has done it a few times but it was Linda's first. They finished in very good times, so congratulations to both of them. Hopefully they will have caught the running 'bug', and will be thinking about doing the half marathon in September!

No comments: