Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Countdown to Loch Ness

Well, it's only a few days to go to the Loch Ness marathon on Sunday. Regular readers of my blog will know that this is my favourite marathon. I've done it every year since it started in 2002. The organisation is great, the course is really scenic (although quite hilly in places), the temperature should be ideal for running, and the field is a sensible size of around 2,000 which means there are always people around, although not too many to get in your way. As an added bonus a lot of my running friends are doing it - about 12 or so from the West Highland Way race, 6 from Strathearn Harriers, quite a few from Troon, and various others I know, so all in all it should be a good weekend. As for a time prediction - who knows? My build up to the race has been quite good, but I've never previously managed 2 sub 3 hour marathons in the one year. I've no idea if I'm in shape to do that or not, but I'll certainly give it my best shot.

We should be back in time to see the Scotland v Argentina game in the quarter final of the rugby world cup. I don't fancy Scotland's chances at all, but it would be great to be proved wrong. What price on a 'Super Sunday' double of a sub 3 hour marathon for me and a Scotland victory in the rugby? If that comes off I might even be tempted to open the bottle of champagne that has been chilling in the fridge for the last couple of months :)

No comments: