Sunday, March 01, 2009

A great WHW run

As you may have guessed from the title, I really enjoyed today's WHW run. We ran the 31 miles or so from Inverarnan Hotel to Kingshouse Hotel, neither of which is recognised for the quality of its bedrooms, but both of which offer very good quality food. I started near the back of the pack and, after stopping to take off my tracksters, ended up right at the back with only a mile or so of the run gone. But that meant I had plenty time to chat, and spent a bit of time talking to Neal, Karen, Alasdair and Thomas. Thomas had made a particularly conservative start, but was to pick up the pace later. I pushed on a bit at Tyndrum, just as the weather deteriorated, then ran from the start of Rannoch Moor to Kingshouse with Davie. I felt good at the end, always a positive sign, and enjoyed a bowl of soup in the Kingshouse Hotel before we headed home. All in all a quality day's running. Many thanks to John for organising and best wishes to Sharon, who had to stop after a particularly heavy fall just before Bridge of Orchy.

3 comments:

Marco Consani said...

Well done Ian on your run today. I didn't get to speak to you much at the end but you looked like you had a fantastic run as you looked fresh as a daisy in the Kingshouse.
Thank you to you and Ally for the lovely baby present.

Speak to you soon.

Marco

Debs M-C said...

I even commented on how good you looked.I didn't even hear a cough or a splutter! :-)

John Kynaston said...

Great run Ian. I thought you were going really strongly all day. I'm glad I didn't challenge you to a series of races this year!!

Keep it going and I look forward to hearing how the double marathon goes.

John