Sunday, March 04, 2007

One week until Inverness

Next Sunday I am heading north for the Inverness half marathon. It's an event that I enjoy a lot, and I have only missed one year since I took part for the first time in 1994. Last year, on a bit of a whim, we decided to travel up the day before and stay overnight. This proved to be a complete masterstoke as the A9 was closed for most of the day because of snow, and many people (including the Troon minibus) didn't get there.

I've tended to run quite well at Inverness over the years. I've had a couple of 1.19s, back in the mid 1990s, and I have never been any worse than 1.27. I've been training hard over the last few weeks - 173 miles in the last 3 weeks - so it will be interesting to see how I get on this year. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be a good day out, with one of the highlights likely to be the homebaking at the Macbeth experience on the way down the road.

No comments: