Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Back racing again

Tonight was the 5 mile 'Brig Bash' race at Bridge of Earn and, as it was part of our club championship race series, I decided to do it. The more sensible amongst you may question this wisdom of this, coming so soon after the West Highland Way race, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I had taken a 10 day rest from running after the WHW race and only ran for the first time yesterday, going out for an easy 4 mile run at lunchtime. I had felt quite good, so hoped I would be ok to race.

I started at a reasonably steady pace and was through the first mile in 6.38, feeling very comfortable. I speeded up to covered mile 2 in 6.10, then did miles 3 and 4 at an average pace of just under 6.20. I did the last mile in 6.29 or so to record an overall time of 31 minutes 56 seconds.

I was really pleased with my time, and was pleasantly surprised that my legs felt pretty good throughout. Hopefully I'll have 'earned' a few club championship points :)

No comments: