Monday, July 23, 2007

Round Arran Relay

On Saturday I headed 'doon the watter' to Arran for the Round Arran Relay race. This is a low profile, team event, with each team made up of 6 runners who cover stages of between 7 and 11 miles. I was running for the B team of my 2nd claim club, Central AC, and was allocated the longest leg - the 11 mile 1st Leg North, which goes up the west side of the island from Blackwaterfoot to Pirnmill.

I covered the section in 76 minutes 20 seconds - quite a lot slower than I did the same leg in 1996 (69.06), 2001 (71.55) and 2002 (74.16). Against that, however, it was my longest run since the WHW, and I ran reasonably cautiously throughout. All in all it was a good day out. Central's A team won - the team prizes were the most hideous t-shirts you could ever imagine - and it was great to be back across in Arran for the first time in a couple of years.

No comments: