Sunday, September 02, 2007

Glasgow half marathon

Well, it went ok - in fact it went quite well, considering how disrupted my build up was. I finished in 1 hour 28 minutes and 33 seconds. That was more than 2 minutes faster than last year, and comfortably below the one and a half hour psychological barrier. It was a perfect day for distance running - cool and overcast, with only a light wind - and for a change I set off at a sensible pace. I was through 3 miles in just over 20 minutes, then had my only difficult section going along Paisley Road West, just before Bellahouston Park. After that I got stronger as the race went on, and passed a lot of people over the last few miles. It was nice to finish quickly, feeling good.

Phil managed to cross the line just a shade under 1.25, as did Kim, which was a big PB for her. Two really good performances, which suggest they are both in good shape for their forthcoming marathons. George was delighted to get under 1.35, a lot quicker than last year. The other 2 Strathearn Harriers, Liz and Shelagh, finished in 1.46 and 1.54 respectively, which they were both happy with. All in all a good day out.

No comments: