Friday, December 21, 2007

No time to blog

You may have noticed that there hasn't been a lot of action on this blog site. I've just been too busy. I started a new job a few weeks ago and haven't had time. However I didn't want to lose my regular readers, so thought I would give a very quick update:

1. I'm on holiday now for the next 2 weeks, so should have a bit more time to blog, run and generally relax.
2. Tomorrow is the traditional West Highland Way pre Christmas run from Milngavie to Drymen. It's about 25 miles all in, with a stop at Drymen for a coffee and a scone. I'm looking forward to it. I think there will be about 20 people there so should be a good day out. The forecast isn't great, but that doesn't really matter. I'll report later.
3. If all goes well I'll reach 2,000 running miles tomorrow. It should happen in the muddy field just before the road at Drymen. I've done 1,988 miles so far, so 12 to go.
4. I had an interesting run on Wednesday night. Had a dinner in South Queensferry and was staying there overnight, so before the dinner went out a run over the Forth Road Bridge to Fife, under the bridge, back along the other side, round South Quensferry and back to the hotel. I hadn't run over the bridge since the 1999 Edinburgh marathon, so it was a bit different. It was also absolutely freezing.
5. I have a heavy cold (probably as a result of 4 above). Hopefully tomorrow's run will help it go away.
6. I was walking through Edinburgh about 5pm tonight. Think I was the only person in the city who hadn't been out at a Christmas lunch.
7. Last weekend I fixed a fence to stop a horse coming in to our garden. More details on allybea's blog www.allybea.blogspot.com
8. I plan to write a review of 2007 soon, including details of whether I met my targets or not. Look out for it. I'll also have to set my 2008 targets, so that's something to look forward to as well.
9. I've only one more race in 2007, which is the Kilbarchan AC 11 mile Hogmanay handicap. I've been invited along as a guest by John K. I'm hoping to thank him for his kind invitation by beating him convincingly. I used to live in Kilbarchan so it will bring back some memories.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

'... I'm hoping to thank him for his kind invitation by beating him convincingly.'

Oh I love a challenge. Maybe we should ask your readers (???) who they think will win?

I've asked our committee to give you a proper handicap (which means you should be starting at least 2mins behind me but I doubt they will be that generous).

John