Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A new myRace - will I be in this time?

A new myRace magazine is out - will I be in this time? I very much doubt it. Bookies were offering better odds on Celtic beating Barcelona in the Champions League. Still, I'll trudge up to my local running shop tomorrow to buy the March/April edition, more in hope than expectation. No doubt I'll look through all the pages carefully, only to be disappointed once again and feel I've wasted another £3.50. I've heard that I'll be quoted in Debbie's bugbears article, but it's just not the same as being in a picture. I'll let you know if I'm wrong, but suffice to say I'm not holding my breath.

7 comments:

Tim said...

£3.50?? You should have a word with your newsagent. The cover price is only £3! If you weren't such a cheapskate you could have it for £2.50 by subscription.

It's no wonder they won't print your picture! ;-)

Tim said...

Just realised I've called you a cheapskate for spnding *more* than you need to. Perhaps not the right word. ;-)

Brian Mc said...

Good luck with the publicity!

If it doesn't happen p'raps you need to wear more eye catching day-glo lycra? ;-)

Subversive Runner said...

Thanks for the kind words and offer to stay at yours for the Fling, Ian.

I'll have a think about it and let you know.

Debs M-C said...

I wrote four pages and still didn't get a picture!

Good luck for tomorrow.

Davie Bell said...

Ian,
Run in the nude you may not make My Race but I'm sure you'll make the Sun or News Of The World:-)

Anonymous said...

The truest characters of ignorance are vanity, and pride and arrogance.”