Sunday, November 25, 2007

East District XC League - Kirkcaldy

The less said about this the better, I think. I ran very poorly - one of my poorest races of the year. My training diaries show that every time I change job I run like a donkey (I had a particularly bad half marathon at Loch Rannoch in 1992), but maybe I'm just making excuses.

My time was 39 minutes 22 seconds for the 8,800 metres (just under 5 and a half miles). My clubmate Phil had been out at a party last night, actually stopped to be sick at one point during the race, and still managed to beat me by around 15 seconds. Not good.

Maybe I just need to have a bit of a rest and let this cold work its way through my system. I reckon I still need to so another 122 miles to get to 2,000 for the year - even with a bit of a break this week I should still be able to do it relatively comfortably, as long as I don't pick up any stupid injuries. So it's a plan - an easy week this week. We'll see....

No comments: