Saturday, November 17, 2007

Full of the cold

Today I have a stinker of a cold and am feeling miserable. I shouldn't really complain, as it's my first cold since January, but I think I am a serious doubt for tomorrow 'Run With The Wind' 10k at Strathaven. That's a shame, as I was looking forward to this race (particularly the fact that the overall course elevation is about 120m downhill).

Good luck to Scotland in the football this afternoon against Italy. If we win we're through to Euro 2008 - what an incredible achievement that would be in a group with France and Italy. If it's a draw we still have a slight chance (but we would be relying on Ukraine to beat France on Wednesday night), and if we lose then we're out. I have to say it is irritating me that both of the hosts, Austria and Switzerland, have been given automatic qualification, leaving only 14 other available places. Both of these countries would be unlikely to qualify from their own efforts, so why should they get an automatic place? I think it is time to scrap that rule, and make the hosts qualify like everybody else.

No comments: