Thursday, June 22, 2006

Closing Distance

I've just watched Closing Distance, the film of the 2005 West Highland Way Race, which has finally been released. I thought it was very good indeed but then I'm probably biased, as I am in it. It was fascinating to watch everyone else. Hard to believe but one of the runners actually eats a roll and sausage at Rowardennan! I don't think I'll be trying that this year - I'll stick to chicken and rice soup, rice pudding, nutrigrain bars, jelly babies, flat coke and lucozade sport, along with litres and litres of water. Hopefully that will see me through.

The forecast for Saturday is a bit mixed, with a high of 15 degrees. At least we shouldn't have the same problems as last year, when it was really hot and humid all day.

The Race will start in 25 and a half hours. I am going to my bed soon, and plan to stay there for as long as possible tomorrow.

No comments: