Monday, November 20, 2006

A decent run, at last

I went out running in Glasgow at lunchtime today. As I was in the office early and was working late (this is added just in case anyone from my work is reading), I headed out for a slightly longer than normal lunchtime run. I ran under the motorway and up to the canal path, past Firhill, out to the lock at Temple, then came back along the cycle path and through Kelvingrove Park, finally doing a few loops around the city centre to take me over the hour. I reckon I must have covered around 8 miles and although the weather was horrible - very wet underfoot and a biting wind - I really enjoyed it.

It's highly unlikely I'm going to reach 2,000 running miles this year. I've managed it for the last 3 or 4 years, but a combination of our Australian holiday in April and then a longer than normal recovery from the WHW in July and August have put paid to my chances this year, unless I do something like 330 miles over the next 5 weeks. Looking at my forthcoming work commitments and social diary, that isn't going to happen by a long way. I'll need to check my records, but I reckon that my lifetime total mileage is around 29,000. If that's right then I would hope to reach the 30,000 mark sometime in the build up to next year's WHW race.

No comments: