Sunday, November 05, 2006

Eddie's half marathon, Fort William

I'm just back from Fort William, where I ran Eddie's half marathon earlier today in 1 hour 28 minutes and 22 seconds. Given some of my half marathons this year, a lot of which have been in the 1.30 to 1.31 range, I'm very pleased. I reached the half way in 43.37 and held it together well through 10 miles (1.06.45), but when we turned into a really strong wind with about a mile and a half to go, it all became a lot harder. At one point I thought I might be able to get below 1.28 but the wind quickly put paid to that, and I was pretty relieved to cross the finish line on the shinty ground. As it is an out and back course I was able to count that I was 35th at the half way point, and think I'll have finished in round about the same position.

No comments: